Sunday, June 27, 2010

Well...that didn't last long

Must go back and read last night's post post haste...Yaakov decided to take a pair of scissors (you can all see where this is headed, right? Get it? Headed?) and gave himself a trim.
Which lead to a very stern talking to in front of his sister and cousins, all of whom were silent, then began to discuss how they had all given themselves hair cuts as well. Amira at age 3, in the bathroom one Shabbos lunch, cut her (very fine and thin) hair to the scalp and then again, in first grade decided to give herself bangs. Ahuva, also at age 3, and Chezzie, well- his hair still shows his handiwork.
Thankfully Aaron is too small and too bald to attempt such a thing, but oy, this thing seems to be genetic.
The 5 bigger ones are in the basement playing Star Wars (I wonder if that, too, is genetic?) and I am hiding with the small naturally bald one, very grateful that camp starts tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm,my mother told me that when I was little (when else?) I was a little more daring putting my hair in someone else's hands. I asked a friend, a little boy to cut my hair also. I think I came home very lopsided looking.

    Curious why we try to do things to crop our hair! I also don't know if that was at the age where I had, what can only describe as, an Afro! That might have been a little tricky to cut :)
    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete