I found this so fascinating and adorable that I had to copy it down for posterity (since she plans to mail said survey off to Highlights Magazine, from whence it came):
Highlights Magazine, State of the Kid Survey, all answers in blue, exactly as written by Amira today.
How old are you: 8 1/2
Are you a boy or a girl? (She circled girl)
Which state do you live in? I live in New Jersey.
What job would you most enjoy doing when you grow up? I would enjoy being an author.
What do you like best about yourself? I like being a girl because I have nice friends.
What do you like to do when you spend time with your parents? I like to play Monopoly, Rummikub, Apples to Apples, Uno or War.
How do you stay in touch with your grandparents? I call them on the phone.
If you could change one thing in the world, what would you change? Why? I don't want there to be pollution. Pollution is bad. It makes the air dirty. Garbage dumps are spreading across the land. It will make animals extinct. It might make people extinct. We don't want that to happen.
Do you get allowance? Yes. Do you earn it? Yes.
What new inventions will happen in your lifetime? I think that someone will invent something to stop pollution and to prevent animals from becoming extinct.
Do you think you will visit outer space some day? (She circled Yes.)
On school nights, what is your bedtime? 8:30
What rule do you wish your parents would change? That I don't have to go to bed at 8:30. I want to stay up until 11:30. I want to go to bed at 11:30 because I like to read. I want to finish the "Lord of the Rings!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amira needs time to research flapping wings, clean up garbage dumps and study Lord of the Rings. Now that her World Series has ended she'll have lots of time and still be in bed by 8:30! Way to go...
ReplyDelete