That said, my kids are definitely jet lagged, and while I am certainly enjoying them waking up at 9:30 AM, I am not so much enjoying having to wrestle them to bed at 11 PM.
I am, however, very glad to have this week off between vacation and school to get them back into some semblance of a schedule, as well as detox them from a heavenly week and a half of grandparent/great grandparent/aunt/uncle/cousin spoiling, too much sugar, lots of fun, swimming, beach trips, constant entertainment, Wii games, and little sleep! And surprisingly, they don't seem to mind having things low key at home.
It really was a fantastic vacation, though, on all accounts. We loved every minute of it! Yehuda's sister and brother in law's house really is kid paradise!
On our first day in LA, we took a family trip to the Grove to search out the ever elusive Men's size 16-17 Crocs. Yes, that is the largest size they make and yes, they are spectacularly huge and ugly. The mission was successful, and the salesman even remembered Yehuda's mom calling to see if he carried them, since he said that was the first time he had ever had a request or sold a pair in that size!
On our first day in LA, we took a family trip to the Grove to search out the ever elusive Men's size 16-17 Crocs. Yes, that is the largest size they make and yes, they are spectacularly huge and ugly. The mission was successful, and the salesman even remembered Yehuda's mom calling to see if he carried them, since he said that was the first time he had ever had a request or sold a pair in that size!
We had a lovely Shabbos with Yehuda's whole family and, of course, Saba Raba! We even managed the 1 1/2 mile walk each way to Beth Jacob to make sure that we saw Great-Grandma Evelyn, since she would not be walking to lunch, and where I sat behind the same women that I remember sitting behind 15 years ago when I used to sit with my Bubby, A"H. I was so happy to find out that they remembered me easily and still missed my Bubby, as we do, and they were so thrilled to meet my own children.

Sunday was the big Isenberg Family Beach day at the always perfect Will Rogers Beach in Malibu! We loaded up multiple cars with kids (all our LA nieces and nephews!), toys, umbrellas, food, sunscreen, and of course, more food. Cousins Ethan and Nili joined us (they enjoyed riding in Saba Raba's Mustang Convertible!) as well as my beloved friends from LA and their kids. It really was the perfect beach day- we even saw a school of dolphins and some pelicans fishing! The big excitement of the day was (for me at least!) watching Yehuda bogey board. And of course, I took pictures, because honestly, I don't think anyone would believe me otherwise!

Monday we (and by that I really mean I) spent the morning recovering from beach day, and then we took a nice small hike around Franklin Canyon. Amira and Yaakov had gone from being petrified of the family dog (Renzo) and new kitty (Lucky) on the first night of our arrival, to shlepping around the poor kitty like a baby doll and riding Renzo! I had to explain to Yaakov at the end of the trip that dogs and cats will be remaining in LA...we enjoyed the local wildlife as well as walking the dogs, and capped off the outing with a trip to Nagilla Pizza, which is happily exactly the same yummy place as it always has been!
Tuesday was LEGOLAND day, and that deserves it's own post, so it's own post it will get!
Wednesday, we went to Zuma beach with our lovely friends, and the day was perfectly gorgeous, and the waves were amazingly enormous! We capped off Wednesday with dinner at Fish Grill (no sawdust on the floor anymore!) with Saba Raba and Uncle Howard, and then a lovely walk on the Third Street Promenade!
Thursday we went to the Skirball Museum with Grandma and Grandpa and despite the blistering heat, had a lovely time, and went back to Auntie Daphne's and Uncle Jonathan's for more swimming, before a lovely dinner out with the whole family!


Friday we hit the American Girl store/museum with Amira, our friends, and Saba Raba (!!) and did more swimming! And Shabbos was again absolutely lovely and made us wish we could spend every Shabbos with family.
Well, longest post in blog history for sure, but one more important item to note before signing off. The absolute funniest conversation of the entire trip took place as we walked from The Grove to Uncle Chaim's apartment that first Friday.
Brian (cousin, age 8): Yaakov, why do you love me so much?
Yaakov: Because I am 4!
Yaakov: Because I am 4!
Brain nodded sagely as the rest of us collapsed in laughter.
I'll be back with the ever exciting LEGOLAND post.

Yes Yaakov is 4, but not 13!
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed your all-too-short stay.
ZeideinLA
Great blog and photos! I especially like the ones with Yakov and Lucky, and the lazy look of contentment on Yakov's face as he enjoys lying on the sandy beach.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mum
Gorgeous pictures!
ReplyDelete