Yaakov had his official 4 year old checkup with the pediatrician on Friday. He is now 39 1/2 inches tall (which means that instead of his regular 25% on the chart, he is now at a whopping 35%! Yes! Only short instead of shrimpy!) and 30 lbs, so yay for Yaakov!
The pediatrician always asks my kids what he is going to find when he looks in their ears, and this year he asked Yaakov "Am I going to find Bob the Builder in there?" and Yaakov looked disdainfully at him (like, um, dude, Bob the Builder is SO three years old!) and said with a completely straight face "no, but you might find Anakin Skywalker and his blue Light Saver in there" (he still insists it is a light Saver and that Boba Fett is pronounced Bubba Fett, no matter what I tell him!) and turned his head so that the pediatrician, who almost fell over laughing, could take a look in his ear.
The way their minds work really just fascinates me. Yaakov always loves to run and jump on me to cuddle, and now I have to remind him not to jump on my tummy, since there is a baby growing in there. On Shabbos, he ran and jumped on my lap and then quickly jumped right off with a stricken look on his face and said "Mommy, I have to say sorry to the baby because I jumped on your legs and that could hurt the baby's legs!" I told him, "no Yaakov, the baby's legs are also in my tummy, not in my legs." And with a very confused look on his face, he said "the baby has no legs?" I said "No!....G-d forbid! The baby is just very tiny and curled up in my tummy. And he looked even more confused and said, "but I thought that when you will go to the hospital so the doctor can take the baby out, he would put the pieces all together?" And laughing so hard I could barely breathe, I explained that really, the baby just comes out in one piece, please G-d, and it's not like Legos that you have to put together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Legos! That's just too funny!LOLLL!!!!!
ReplyDeletethat is one of the cutest things EVER!!! and a huge b'shaah tova!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe love your blogs and Yaakov's comments!
ReplyDeleteyaakov is HYSTERICAL!! (catching up now...)
ReplyDelete