Sunday, March 8, 2009

What's your Super-Power?

In other words:
Delurk! Post a comment! Identify yourself! Become a blog follower!
It has come to my attention that not even my generally very loyal and ego-feeding family are reading my blog anymore. That could be because I have not really posted much recently, or it could be because they have not yet figured out HOW to post a comment, or because....you know, anything. But I will excuse it because I love you all. And I am super grateful to my ever-awesome friend Shirah for always reading!

My mother has decided also that everyone has a super power. While I have already identified mine (See Super-Yenta) and one of my mother's friends told my mother that her super power is the ability to get an appointment at 9:30 AM at any Doctor's office just by mentally telepathing the receptionist at any given office (very useful!), I am sure that there are many other awesome super power's out there!
So post a comment. Say hello. Feed my ego.

Purim is on Tuesday and we are all very excited. We are putting the finishing touches on our costumes (Super Hero family!) and our Shalach Manos (Hero Sandwich's- get it!?) and are very excited to have our first ever Purim Seudah with family! Yes, you read that right- our first! Since most of our family lives pretty far away, we are really happy to have my sister and brother in law only 100 miles (or so) away and will be heading to Philly for Purim!

Anyhow, I am pretty sure I have told this awesome story to everyone (except my brother and sister in law in Israel, and I don't know if they actually read this blog, but will hope so....)
Last week Amira, Yaakov and I were looking at pictures on Facebook of my incredibly adorable new nephew in Israel and writing comments under them. There was one picture that they both found hilarious and they were laughing and laughing and when they stopped, Amira said to me: "Mommy, that one is SO funny, you should write, like, Loll (she pronounced it like loll in Loll-y-pop), under it."
I was confused for 1/2 a second and then thought----- ohhh, LOL=loll! Ha! She reads everything, doesn't she?!

Now any time I hear something funny, I think "loll!"

Tonight at dinner Yaakov and Amira were bickering and in frustration I blurted out "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." And they were quiet for a second, and Amira said "Yaakov, you are so cute." And I said- that's exactly what I meant, great! Yaakov, do you have anything nice to say? And he said "Yes, I am very cute."
Loll.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shira,

    Yes, we read your blogs when we know there is something to read, and we love them.

    I would have to say at this point, I am Super-picky, but I've been working on toning that down for Oh, let's say the last 25 years or so. Really hard to overcome those powers :(

    I guess we can classify Dad as Super-photographer. I don't think that is something he even wants to tone down. Kal vachomer, he probably wants to increase those powers -- especially when he can photograph our grandchildren.

    Love,

    Mum & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey SuperYenta,
    I have many disguises, one of which is SuperLazy, which is my current identity. The pull of the dirty kitchen is strong, but the pull of facebook and blogs is even stronger....

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love Yaakov! Hmm my super power? I'll have to think about that. I wish I had the doctor appointment one. Or the ability to freeze time. Or the power to mute whining. But those are wishes. Maybe I am just a civilian amongst you super heroes. Someone has to be rescued, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 'super tired of dealing with ear infections' - does that count as a super power???
    Loll :)
    xo
    Y

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can burp. like a man.

    does that count?

    ReplyDelete