
Artwork by Amira!
Just in time for Chanukah to start (yay!) we had 2 nice, big snowstorms Friday and Sunday! Today we spent the day shoveling, digging the car out, shoveling, de-icing, wrapping presents, watching the hilarious Chanukah e-card that Savta sent, making latkes and shoveling!
We are very lucky to have extra shoveling help now:
We are very lucky to have extra shoveling help now:





Some notes:
When you spend 30 minutes trying to get the car out of the driveway, it is a very good idea to make certain that the PARKING BRAKE isn't on before cursing out your minivan or your wife for making you drive to the Shul Chanukah party. (and no, Yehuda didn't actually do any cursing, of course, nor did he actually seem flustered at all, and only mentioned once, very gently, that he SAID they should walk...and no, I didn't make complete fun of him when we switched places and I got in the car so that he and our very nice neighbor could push the car and realized that he had been trying to drive with the parking brake on...I let myself enjoy him thinking that I was just much better at driving in the snow, being from Boston and all.....)
After 8 years of marriage, and 9 Chanukahs spent together Yehuda actually managed to surprise me by actually getting me a (very thoughtful and awesome) Chanukah present!!!!
The kids loved their first gifts and are happily playing away!

Shira, I saw your inlaws in shul this afternoon and both told me to be sure to read your blog.
ReplyDeleteThoroughly enjoy the narrative and all the pics.
It makes me feel as though I'm with you.
Take good care... A happy Purim. Love, Saba aka
Saba Raba.