When I was maybe 4 years old (my memory of real and false things is not as good as my sister's, so Ima, please correct me if I am wrong) my Grandparents came to visit and I told my Grandma all about my ballet classes and what wore and what I was learning and who I carpooled with and my Grandma was very happy for me and mentioned to my mom how wonderful it was that I was taking ballet and loved it so much. Turns out I just had a really active imagination and was not, at that time, taking ballet lessons. My mom promptly signed me up for said lessons, although I never turned out to be particularly agile or coordinated, and sadly, did not continue on as a dancer (of any sort. I can barely do an aerobics class.)
So, what else are children for but to live vicariously through?
Amira has taken gymnastics and Israeli dance and loved them both, but really, really loves ballet. And she is actually very good at it! She came home this past Sunday truly thrilled because her ballet teacher only had to correct her posture once! And she had done a perfect tendu! And I must buy her a pink ballet skirt!

wow! your memory served you right! i hadn't planned on sending you to any lessons until kindergarten, so it was before then. i think you were pretty coordinated then, too, but of course, i was always very proud of you. tee-hee.
ReplyDeleteShira! I had no idea you were a fellow blogger! What fun!
ReplyDeleteNot even close to your league, Gila, but you inspired me!
ReplyDelete